Top image: Teaching brain dissections to high-school students at Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF)
8/2020: In recognition of World Mental Health day, I organized a virtual panel discussion on the effects of COVID-19 on mental health.
This panel brought together experts in neurology, psychiatry, and human behavior for a discussion highlighting the clinical and scientific perspectives on the effect of the pandemic and mental health.
Here is a recording of the panel discussion: COVID-19 and mental health.
Organizing a panel discussion: Science and Society: Exploring Mental Health This panel was rescheduled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we will re-engage panelists soon.
This panel will discuss mental health effects of homelessness, substance abuse disorders, and traumatic events in combat.
- Bonnie Mohan: Executive director, Bronx Health and Housing Consortium
- Deborah Byrd: Member of leadership team, LEFSA (Life Experience and Faith Sharing Associates)
- Derek Coy: Veterans’ Health Officer, New York State Health Foundation
- Marc Greenberg: Director, Interfaith Assembly on Homelessness and Housing
- Sheila P Vakharia, PhD: Deputy Director of the Department of Research and Academic Engagement, Drug Policy Alliance