Top image: Dancing at The Winter Garden, NY
In the works:
- A manifesto on aging individuals in India
9/2021: I wrote a book chapter on the state of health in the aging population in the United States. The book is edited by Edmond Fernandes and Indu Grewal, and can be found here. A PDF version of the abstract is below.
|Urban Health for the Aging Population in the United States_Book chapter|
|File Size:||3444 kb|
6/2021: I wrote this article published in United for Global Mental Health on how tackling the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the mental health of the elderly will benefit us all.
5/2021: I wrote an article summarizing the mental health effects of widowhood in India. I make the case that widows in India form an unseen, unheard population, facing stigmatization from society and their families, and that much more needs to be done to de-stigmatize widowhood and its mental health effects in the Indian setting.
8/2020 - present: : Project coordinator, Research and academic initiative at Pallium India
- Collaborating efforts of international academicians and researchers to serve important needs for Pallium India as mentors, collaborative co-writers, editors for grants, research proposals and publications.
- Lead author on an accepted peer-reviewed paper on the ethical considerations of palliative care practitioners to offer the HPV vaccine to relatives of a patient suffering from cervical cancer. The paper can be found here.
- Developing quantitative and qualitative methods to serve to strengthen the work of palliative care in India.
- Highlighting narratives and reflective works to provide the social and emotional context of the communities Pallium India serves every day.
- Supporting fundraising efforts to hire a research officer to help build a foundation of needs-based research and quality improvement with well-designed studies to improve the care of people with health-related suffering. The GoFundMe link is here. We raised more than $16,000 to support these efforts.
- Developing a proposal for International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) to incorporate palliative care in the undergraduate medical education in India.
- Developing a proposal for the Global Research Partnership Award with the University of Iowa.
2/2021 - 9/2021: I helped guide a detailed qualitative and quantitative assessment of services offered by Maitri India to elderly, abandoned women in Vrindavan and Radhakund. Additionally, we assessed the impact of COVID-19 on mental health, loneliness, and psychosocial health in the abandoned women at this facility.